As I grow older I realize that nobody really cares about you and if you get ahead in life or not totally depends on yourself.
Everyone is too busy focusing on their own little world. And the problems that arise in there.
You have to try to get ahead all by yourself.
You are on your own…
So how do you pull it off?
I mean, life is tough, we get it.
Still, you somehow have to make the best out of it.
And how you do that is by following my simple trick:
- Take a piece of paper.
- Draw two lines onto it dividing it into three columns.
- On top of the three columns write HAVE, NEED, WANT.
- Then start filling up the paper with the things you HAVE, NEED and WANT.
Here are some examples and why this works so well:
Even if your life situations is challenging right now. And everything looks very grim. There are still things to be grateful for.
Despite all the hardship…
What are some of the qualities of yourself or the situation you find yourself in right now that give you an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE compared to everyone else?
Here are some examples:
- I am young: Whatever I try right now, I can experiment with it for 10 years and still be young as fuck. No need to beat myself up about failing.
- I am old: I tried so much in my life and had so many different experiences. I met so many people along the way and I have so many stories to share. So many “I wish I knew that one when I was your age” type of stories. Life-changing insights.
- I have no experience: I never had any practical experience in this field, now I can look at it with the eye’s of a beginner. I can see all the tiny details people just starting out are struggling with all these EXPERTS out there are overseeing because it’s too obvious for them. I can learn and share my journey.
- I have so much experience. I have been doing this for YEARS. There are very few people out there who spent so much time learning this craft. I can work with my expertise and experience and share profound knowledge.
- I have no money. Because I have no money I am driven and motivated like no-one else. If I had a secure well-paid job right now I would not feel compelled to make the leap and follow my passion. And I would never give it a real shot.
- I have enough money. I have a great education and a great job paying me very well. Money is not an issue for me. I can freely invest some of it to try something I deeply care about.
The list goes on.
And whatever your current situation: it depends on your perspective on things to get an advantage out of it and get ahead in life.
In the HAVE column on the left write down all your UNFAIR ADVANTAGES…
Next, fill out the WANT column at the right.
Here you put everything you want out of life. Whatever makes you feel like you are living the good life!
- I want to have an online business.
- I want to write a novel.
- I want to have a better paying job.
- I want to travel the world.
- I want to find a great girlfriend.
- I want.
- I want.
- I want.
Write it down.
In the last step fill the empty space in the middle column.
The NEED column is what works as the clue to pull your HAVE and your WANT closer together – each day.
You ask yourself:
“How can I use what I HAVE right now to create something I NEED in order to get the things that I WANT?”
You take a deep and honest look at your UNFAIR ADVANTAGES from your HAVE column and see how they can help you to reach the stuff in your WANT column.
What is missing?
Then you write it down.
And get started to fill the gap right away.