So, how are you going to brainwash yourself in 2014 in order to become the person who is capable of achieving all the goals you have set for yourself?
I can tell you the different channels you can use to change your beliefs and empower your mind. These channels influence you day in, day out. It lies within your control to change the message these channels put into your brain!
1. What music are you listening to?
Look at the type of music you expose your subconscious mind to! You might not believe this, but listening to dark or sad songs, might not turn you into becoming more happy! =) Also, it might not support you in creating an uplifting and strong mindset when it comes to achieving your goals!
- Does the kind of music you listen to support you on your journey?
- Does it reflect the mood you want to be in?
- Does it represent the bigger picture you have for yourself?
2. What television programs are you watching?
Watching the same shows over and over again and numbing your brain might not put it into a state where it can operate at its highest level. You have limit the exposure to useless and non-helpful television programs. If you want to watch something you like, do it fully and consciously! But don’t numb your brain by using excessive TV exposure or playing video games as an escape. Use it as tool to balance your life and enjoy it but use it with caution!
- How much time do you spend watching TV or playing video games?
- Do you really enjoy all of it or do you just do it because you are USED to it?
- Could you cut down your these times to at least the half?
- If your answer to this question is no, how could you imagine yourself going for your goals this year? How could you persevere when something “bad or unexpected” happens?
- If you can’t even control the little stuff like your TV habits, how should you be capable of managing the bigger stuff like running a successful business or gaining financial independence?
Read this article, you may like it: 7 Signs You Are Not Living Up To Your Fullest Potential
3. What books are you reading?
What are you putting into your brain? (If you are reading at all?). If you want to get ahead in life you have to read. Period. There is nobody who can learn ALL the stuff that there is by himself. It would just take too long. That is why people write stuff down, so that others don’t have to make the same mistake again and again.
Evolution designed us this way. We are social learners, we learn from each other. If you miss out on that, you are literally saying “fuck you” to the millions of years of human evolution (lol).
Reading boosts your learning curve. You don’t have to reinvent stuff. There are so many people out there. So many of them have achieved so much in their lives. Most of them shared their expertise by writing a book about the field/topic they spend their ENTIRE life with? They have put their whole love and passion into this very thing and now they share their most profound wisdom about it. Everything they learned within the years and years of experimenting. And you can access this knowledge by reading about 300 pages of written gold.
- What books are you reading?
- Are they supporting you in becoming a person that is capable of reaching his goals?
- How much time do you spend reading books?
- Could you squeeze in a little bit more time doing so?
- Do you enjoy it? If not, maybe you have to shift your focus on WHY you are doing it?
- Read a lot!
- Check out My Reading Adventures!
- (And maybe stop reading the newspapers. At least the sad parts. It’s bad brain food!)
Remember: Your brain uses everything YOU want it to use. Whatever you feed it, it uses all of it to produce the thoughts, mindset, mood, state, emotions you find yourself in right now. Just like with putting junk food into your body, your body still has to use it somehow to produce energy. It is the worst energy you can run on, but your body has to use it because you have given it to him and you gave it no other choice. Your brain works the same way. Feed it awesome & nutritious “food” (aka books) and it will give you back the inspiration and willpower you need to reach all your goals!
4. What kind of people are you surrounding yourself with?
It says, that in 5 years you are the average of the 5 people you surround yourself the most. Look at your friends and the people around you. It is like a glimpse into the future.
Scary? Well you can change that, by spending your time with other people right NOW. You can change that by stopping the nonsense TV “dumbification”. You can read inspiring books and autobiographies. Books about people who were in the same situation like you once and how they broke free. You can do so much to change all that. But the question is, WILL you?
- Try to use every possible opportunity to get within the range of highly succesful people. People that inspire you! Somebody who lives the life you want it to be. Absorb everything you can from them. Immerse yourself into their kind of thinking a lifestyle.
- Volunteer for them if you have to. But get yourself around these people. Something will stick. Something will roll over to you. And you will never be the same again.
- If you can’t find somebody who inspires you try to at least remove the people who drag you down. Get rid of the people telling you that you can’t do it.
- Whatever it is that you are trying to accomplish. You alone will doubt yourself at least 100 times along your journey. You will want to quit, you will feel pain and you will feel like it was all a stupid idea to begin with. Don’t add additional baggage by listening to people trying to talk “sense” into you!